Rotabull integrates with Quantum Control. See below for setup instructions.
Check your Quantum version
- Quantum Express: 10.x +. 12.x + (Oracle)
- Quantum Enterprise: 10.x +, 12.x + (Oracle)
Rotabull does not support versions of Quantum using a Firebird database, or Q-Step (cloud version managed by Component Control).
Check your Windows version
Rotabull supports the following versions of Windows on the machine where you are installing the Rotabull Windows Service (a
+symbol represents the minimum version):
- Windows Server: 2008 R2 SP1 + (x64, x86 architectures)
- Windows Client: 7 SP1 +, 8.1 (x64, x86 architectures)
- Windows 10 Client: Version 1607 + (x64, x86 architectures)
- Use an administrator account on the machine the Rotabull Windows Service will be
installed on (either the Quantum server or a machine with persistent access to it).
- Download the installation package at: https://app.rotabull.com/install.
- Open the archive and run the
.msifile to install the deployment system ("Octopus"). When the installer window comes up, close out of it. The purpose of the installer window is to configure Octopus, which we do via a script in the next step instead.
rotabullDeployment.batin the same archive as an administrator to configure
Octopus to point to Rotabull servers.
- Send a message to the Rotabull team that the steps have been completed and of the local name of the computer the service was installed on.
It may take several hours (and up to a day) for Rotabull to complete the Quantum setup after you have finished step 5, and begin to see inventory in Rotabull.
To function correctly, the RWS must be able to make a request to
https://app.rotabull.com. In most cases, if you can reach this address in your browser, that will be sufficient. If your firewall is blocking this connection, you should whitelist communication with
https://app.rotabull.com over port
You can check that the integration is fully connected correctly, with two steps:
- Go to your listings in Rotabull and confirm your stock has synced.
- Once your sales team begins sending quotes, confirm that the quotes are being entered into Quantum.
The RWS communicates with Quantum by interfacing directly with its Oracle Database
- Within the Oracle database, access to the specific schema used by the Quantum
installation is needed -- please inform the installation team if the default schema is not
used to access Quantum.
- An Oracle connection string is used to instantiate the connection: details including the
hostname of the machine which runs the database and the Oracle Service ID are needed.
- A full list of tables the RWS reads from for both the inventory sync and quote creation
functionalities is available upon request.
Updated 6 months ago