Rotabull integrates with Pentagon 2000. See below for setup instructions.
Check your Windows version
Rotabull supports the following versions of Windows on the machine where you are installing the Rotabull Windows Service (a
+symbol represents the minimum version):
- Windows Server: 2008 R2 SP1 + (x64, x86 architectures)
- Windows Client: 7 SP1 +, 8.1 (x64, x86 architectures)
- Windows 10 Client: Version 1607 + (x64, x86 architectures)
- Use an administrator account on the machine the Rotabull Windows Service will be
installed on (either the Quantum server or a machine with persistent access to it).
- Download the installation package at: https://app.rotabull.com/install.
- Open the archive and run the
.msifile to install the deployment system ("Octopus"). When the installer window comes up, close out of it. The purpose of the installer window is to configure Octopus, which we do via a script in the next step instead.
rotabullDeployment.batin the same archive as an administrator to configure
Octopus to point to Rotabull servers.
- Send a message to the Rotabull team that the steps have been completed and of the local name of the computer the service was installed on. If you are using a database other than the default, please also specify the database name (it will look like
It may take several hours (and up to a day) for Rotabull to complete the Pentagon setup after you have finished step 5, and begin to see inventory in Rotabull.
To function correctly, the RWS must be able to make a request to
https://app.rotabull.com. In most cases, if you can reach this address in your browser, that will be sufficient. If your firewall is blocking this connection, you should whitelist communication with
https://app.rotabull.com over port
With the vast amount of configuration options available for Pentagon, there are several required and some optional parameters that Rotabull requires to correctly setup the integration. Below you will find a table listing those options.
Master Company Id*
Default Division for Master Company*
Quote Valid For Days
Exchange Line Type
Overhaul Line Type
Default Inco Terms
Quote Trace Info Reference Field
Quote Tag Info Reference Field
Quote Tag Date Reference Field
Stock Trace Info Reference Field
Stock Tag Info Reference Field
Stock Tag Date Reference Field
Stock Tag Type Reference Field
Add Core Charge To Exchange
Add Core Charge To Overhaul
Core Charge Line Type
Add Repair Charge To Overhaul
Repair Charge Line Type
Bench Check Line Type
Default Condition Code Part Request
Default Condition Code MRO
RFQ Source Id Reference Field
See table below
Rotabull - Pentagon Priority Map
These options are the basic, default configuration for Pentagon.
You can check that the integration is fully connected correctly, with two steps:
- Go to your listings in Rotabull and confirm your stock has synced.
- Once your sales team begins sending quotes, confirm that the quotes are being entered into Pentagon.
Updated 6 months ago
All set up with Pentagon? Jump in with the "Quickstart" guide.